Transfer students must attend New Student Orientation on a date reserved for their school or college. Orientation is approximately 4-5 hours in length giving you time to accomplish other campus business if needed. Evening options are available for those who work during the day.
If you are a transfer student with fewer than 24 credits, you may also participate in the two-day program for first-year students since you are still classified as a first-year student. This program will give you a more immersive introduction to VCU and connect you with other students who are similar in age and experience. To request participation in this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (804) 828-3700.
Transfer student Summer Orientation dates
Evening programs are designed for students who have completed 36 or more credits, students who are age 25 or older or students working full-time.
- Art Foundation/Arts: June 14 (day), July 29 (day)
- Business, Humanities and Sciences, Wilder School: June 14 (day), July 29 (day), July 30 (day), July 31 (evening), August 1 (evening)
- Engineering: June 14 (day), July 29 (day), July 31 (evening), August 1 (evening)
- Life Sciences: June 14 (day), July 31 (evening)
- Social Work: June 14 (day), July 30 (day), August 1 (evening)
- University College (Interdisciplinary Studies majors only): June 14 (day), July 31 (evening)
A nonrefundable program fee is required for all students and guests attending NSO and charged during online registration. Fee waivers are not available.
- Summer orientation for transfer students: $100 students/$25 per guest
- Winter orientation: $100 students/$25 per guest
Fees cover a meal, parking, facility fees, orientation staffing and orientation materials. Overnight accommodations are not included. For options, check with Richmond area hotels.
Your meal will be provided at the Shafer Court Dining Center. There, you’ll find plenty of options that are sure to meet your dietary needs. You can also purchase snacks at vendors throughout campus.
Schedules for the transfer orientation program will be made available one month prior to your program.