Transfer and adult learner student
Transfer students and adult learners (students age 25+) must attend New Student Orientation on a date reserved for their school or college. Orientation is approximately 4-5 hours in length giving you time to accomplish other campus business if needed. Evening options are available for those who work during the day.
If you are a transfer student with fewer than 24 credits, you may participate in the two-day program for first-year students instead since you are still classified as a first-year student. This program will give you a more immersive introduction to VCU and connect you with other students with similar experience. To request participation in this program, please email email@example.com or call us at (804) 828-3700.
Transfer and adult learner student Orientation dates
Evening programs are designed for students who have completed 36 or more credits, students who are age 25 or older or students working full-time.
- Art Foundation/Arts: June 14 (day), July 29 (day)
- Business, Humanities and Sciences, Wilder School: June 14 (day), July 29 (day), July 30 (day), July 31 (evening), August 1 (evening)
- Engineering: June 14 (day), July 29 (day), July 31 (evening), August 1 (evening)
- Life Sciences: June 14 (day), July 31 (evening)
- Social Work: June 14 (day), July 30 (day), August 1 (evening)
- University College (Interdisciplinary Studies majors only): June 14 (day), July 31 (evening)
A nonrefundable program fee is required for all students and guests attending NSO and charged during online registration. Fee waivers are not available.
- Summer orientation for transfer students: $100 students/$25 per guest
- Winter orientation: $100 students/$25 per guest
Fees cover a meal, parking, facility fees, orientation staffing and orientation materials. Overnight accommodations are not included. For options, check with Richmond area hotels.
Your meal will be provided at the Shafer Court Dining Center. There, you’ll find plenty of options that are sure to meet your dietary needs. You can also purchase snacks at vendors throughout campus.
Orientation attendees should download the Ram Guide app from the App Store or Google Play. After downloading the app, search for the Orientation 2019-2020 guide by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. Download the Orientation guide. Then utilize the menu (the three bars in the upper left hand corner) to access the Transfer Schedules. Then select your date and schedule type (student or family) to see all of the events!
You may also view all of the orientation events by visiting http://guidebook.com/guide/102945.