Each new academic year, New Student and Family Programs selects enthusiastic, qualified and resourceful students to serve as Orientation Leaders. During NSO, Orientation Leaders serve in various capacities to assist students and families, conduct administrative work and oversee the first-year student overnight experience.
You’ll find our team members:
- Building connections with incoming students
- Answering questions about VCU resources and services
- Helping new students transition to the VCU community
- Facilitating group activities
- Leading campus tours
- Assisting with check-in
Orientation Leaders are happy to answer any questions you have about NSO or life at VCU.
Meet the team
Our Orientation Team consists of the following peer leaders:
Alex James (She/Her/Hers)
Andy Riddler (He/Him/His)
Harley Raines (She/Her/Hers)
Mikaela Murdock (She/Her/Hers)
Shane McFadden (He/Him/His)
Applications for the Summer 2020 Orientation Team are now closed.
New Student and Family Programs is seeking dynamic student leaders for it’s 2020 New Student Orientation Team. This could be you! Orientation Leaders serve an integral role in creating successful transitions for all new students and their families. Through this position, you will gain valuable leadership skills and lifelong friendships! Learn more about the position below and consider applying today. We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
- cumulative 2.5 GPA by the start of the Spring 2020 semester
- satisfactory conduct/criminal background check (minor conduct issues may not be a determining factor)
- availability to work Monday through Friday from June 1- Aug 16, 2020 (Final training and NSO schedule and will be confirmed upon the time of offer.)
Application process & timeline:
Friday, Oct. 11, 2019 - Applications Due
Applicants will then be notified if they are moving forward to the Large Group Interview
Friday, Oct. 25, 2019 - References Due
Links for reference forms are included in the application form.
Monday, Oct. 28 - Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 - Large Group Interviews (2 hours)
Applicants will then be notified if they are moving forward to the Small Group Interviews.
Monday, Nov. 11 - Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 - Small Group Interviews (30 mins)
Interviews with New Student and Family Programs professional staff.
Friday, Nov. 22, 2019 - Notifications sent out to new Orientation Leaders
If you have any questions about the application or process, please email email@example.com.