Registering for Orientation
More information about Spring 2021 Orientation will be available soon! Please check back.
Your registration confirmation will contain additional information about preparing for your Orientation. A reminder email will go out 1-2 weeks prior to your scheduled date with more details about how to access Ram Ready Online modules and your virtual Orientation meetings.
To make changes to your orientation registration or to add a family member or guest, you may log back into your orientation account up to one week prior to your scheduled orientation.
If you have questions or need assistance, email us at email@example.com and we will work to resolve your concerns.
Before registering for Orientation, you must review the items on the Accepted Student Checklists and complete them in the order in which they are listed. Notice that there are several steps to complete before you may register online to gain access to the online orientation modules.
Follow the steps below to complete your Orientation registration:
1. Log in with your VCU eID and password. For assistance with setting up your eID or password, visit myeid.vcu.edu or contact the IT Support Center. If you recently paid your tuition deposit and the site won’t allow you to register, try again after 2-3 business days.
2. Review your information and complete the questionnaire. The Orientation registration system pulls your data directly from your student account based on your VCU application. Please make sure the information is accurate and fill in any requested information carefully. The questionnaire is the chance to let us know your military status (including benefits), your technology access, and if you require any special accommodations for orientation.
3. Choose your date. You will choose a date and time for your initial virtual meeting with your Orientation Leader (OL). Your OL will hold weekly meet-ups at this same day and time throughout the summer, so choose a time that you are typically available so you can join these meet-ups as you wish. Your initial and final meetings with your OL are mandatory.
4. Add a guest. If you have a family member or guest who would like to access the online family orientation resources, be sure to add their information here. We have created online resources just for family members and will host several virtual events throughout the summer. For more information, see the Families and Guest page. If you are unsure whether you want to add a family member at this time, you can log back in and add them later.
5. Pay your Orientation fee. Review your reservation and make your payment. The secure payment system accepts all major credit and debit cards and all payments must be made in full. We are unable to accept payments in the form of cash or check. Payments are nonrefundable and cannot be waived. Information on fees for each program and what is covered can be found on the First-Year Orientation and Transfer Orientation pages.
6. Submit your reservation. Your reservation is not complete until you have made a payment and clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. Successful registration is followed by a confirmation email to both the student and any registered guests (to the emails provided).