When is Family Weekend?
VCU Family Weekend begins at 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3 and ends at noon Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017.
No. You may register as many guests as you would like.
Family Weekend registration is available on the New Student and Family Programs website later this fall. All families must create an account to access the registration system.
- Step 1 – Create an account. Visit http://nsfp.vcu.edu/familyweekend/ and click “register” to begin.
- Step 2 – Purchase an access pass. Enter guest information and purchase a $5 access pass for each family member attending. VCU students and children 2 and under are free!
- Step 3 – Purchase special event tickets. Add any special event tickets that you wish to purchase for attendees, including.your VCU student. Special events fill up quickly, so purchase tickets early to ensure space is available.
- Step 4 – Finish and check-out! Registration is not complete until payment is submitted.
Once your account is created, you can log back in to add additional family members and pay for ticketed events.
Access passes are $5 for each family member. VCU students and children 2 and under are free. The pass gives you access to the following:
- Entrance to more than 20 events on the Family Weekend schedule
- Access to the Cary Street Gym all weekend
- Discounts at select dining locations and shops in Richmond
- Special discounts at the Barnes and Noble @ VCU Bookstore
- Free parking (in specified lots) for the weekend
- Ability to purchase special event tickets for Family Weekend
Online registration closes at midnight (EST) Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017. After that, you can register on-site. Family Weekend on-site registration and check-in begins at noon Friday, Nov. 3 in the Virginia Rooms (on the second floor of the University Student Commons).
The cost is $5 for every attendee except for VCU students and children 2 or younger. The cost covers an all-access pass to all free Family Weekend events. Registrants can also purchase separate tickets for paid events, so the cost varies based on selected events.
No refunds or exchanges are available for Family Weekend purchases.
Yes. Your student must pay to attend ticketed events, but can attend all free events covered by the all-access pass.
Log into your Family Weekend account to add event tickets to your order.
Yes. Check-in for Family Weekend takes place in the Virginia Rooms located on the second floor of the University Student Commons. Check-in times include:
- Friday, Nov. 3: Noon-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 4: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Your student can check-in on your behalf.
VCU Family Weekend begins at 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3 and ends at noon Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017. Families may arrive at any time. Popular events begin mid-afternoon Friday through Sunday morning.
Free and paid parking options are available. Paid parking will be available in VCU parking decks and lots. The city offers paid and free street parking. Please adhere to all signage if you plan to park on the street.
There are multiple lodging options in Richmond and surrounding areas, many within walking and driving distance of campus. Area accommodations do fill up quickly, so we encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible.
Dress comfortably and in layers as temperatures vary throughout each day. November tends to be a bit cooler in Richmond. We highly encourage you to purchase Family Weekend gear and wear it throughout the weekend to show your VCU pride!