This year, VCU will welcome more than 4,200 new first-year students. Join us this fall for an academic experience for VCU’s first-year parents: a course designed just for you!
“Beyond Orientation: Partnering for Success in Today’s University” is an online course that provides a network for parents, family members and VCU faculty and administrators. The program takes you beyond what you learn at orientation to give you a closer look at the first-year experience and what it means to be a student at today’s university.
You’ll hear from university leaders, who will discuss some of the key topics and issues in education today. In turn, your experience in the virtual classroom will help you relate to your student and their experiences.
For questions about the program, call (804) 828-7322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class begins on Thursday, Aug 24. Course registration will close on Friday, August 18 at 11:59pm.
- Daphne Rankin, Ph.D., associate vice provost for strategic enrollment management
- Charles Klink, Ph.D., vice provost for student affairs
- John Venuti, associate vice president of campus safety and chief of police
- Marc Vernon, executive director of financial aid
- Linda Hancock, Ph.D., director of VCU’s Wellness Resource Center
- Michael Coffey, director of campus learning center
- Tammi Slovinsky, deputy title ix coordinator
- Maggie Tolan, Ed.D., assistant vice provost for strategic enrollment management
- Brian McTague, director of writing center
- Amy Gray, interim senior director of outreach and alumni engagement
- Catherine W. Howard, Ph.D., vice provost of community engagement
- Stephanie Tignor, director of education abroad
- Danielle Dick, Ph.D., professor of psychiatry, psychology, and human and molecular genetics
- Heidi McCormick, director of VCU Career Services